Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fire alarm

Do you remember the days when nobody thought of staring at smartphones all day long, when there were just stupidphones existing? The very aged among us may even remember the era of the extendable antennas or those unwieldy shouldered canisters called car phones. One of my most ardent wishes is a massive comeback of these tools - at least as far as their hefty design is concerned. Still I am waiting, and whenever I enter a cellphone store, my search of a telescopic aerial leads into disappointment. At least I found this wonderful lighter bringing me temporary relief. For the very young among my followers: the protruding hump that you press in order light the flame - that was the antenna in the old days.
What? No, I don't smoke. I just watch the flame now and then. It's a mere act of meditative alleviation; in focussing the blue core of the silent fire, my melancholia gets burnt. Well, ok, it might be stupid to watch a lighter flame all day long, but watching the display of a smartphone instead doesn't make you automatically smarter. In any case my little fetich is warming much more efficiently. Try and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment